The Vocational Skills and Entrepreneurship Study Centre (VSESC), The Polytechnic, Ibadan is the vocational training arm of the Institution. It was established in June 2008 in line with National Board for Technical Education (NBTE)’s directive to serve as a community service and revenue generating outfit.
The vision is to enhance the job skills of graduates of The Polytechnic, Ibadan as a means to self-employment, self-sustaining and self-sufficiency.
Some of the functions/duties of VSESC are:
- Organizing Conferences, Workshops, Seminars, and Exhibitions.
- Research and Development.
- To facilitate the implementation of Entrepreneurship Education (EED) in curricula of all National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) programs in the Institution.
- Training and encouraging students in Entrepreneurship Development.
- Partner with Private and Public Sectors in the training of skills acquisition for prospective entrepreneurs.
- Provide training as well as management and technical consulting services to new and existing entrepreneurs.